Monday, November 30, 2009

Fall Break Reflection

My fall break was definitely a trip. It started on Wednesday night, because I had to head back home for a doctors appointment. I was pretty much sick throughout the whole break and stayed in bed. I wasn't able to have a more exciting break like I wish I could have. On the bright side, I was able to spend a lot of time with my siblings, and it allowed me to reconnect with them all. Thanksgiving was good; I love cooking in the kitchen even if I don't like all of the food! Although it is not one of my favorite holidays, it was nice to see everyone again and to have that feeling of accomplishment, because a lot of them said I would never make it to college.
I have changed a lot since I first moved here in August. My whole outlook on life is quite different. In spite of living in the same place my whole life, before college, I realized that I am a well-rounded person. I have always been open to meeting new people, and learning about where they come from. I have improved in managing my time with all of the things I have to do; I have become more responsible and even more independent. Living on my own throughout high school was hard, so going to college and living on campus definitely made everything easier. Coming to CSUMB has helped me find myself, and has allowed me to work towards my dream and my future.

6 comments:

  1. Dang that sucks that you were sick,Im sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bummer you were sick but I think that at the same time it was a blessing. You got to reconnect with your family which is always a good thing! :] You seem like you are really enjoying your time here and I hope that you continue to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks that you were sick but it gave you time to reconnect with your family which is always a plus. :) Being sick was a blessing in surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you were sick! That's good that you got to see your family though. I also lived on my own throughout most of my high school years so coming here was almost a relief, but it prepared me for college more than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sucks that you were sick. I was sick a couple days of break too and it was awful. Thats kind of mean that your family didn't think you would make it to college but that's good that you proved them wrong. It's good to hear that you are liking CSUMB and that it has helped improve your life. Hopefully it continues to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about being sick, what a way to spend a holiday. I'm glad that you got to spend time with your siblings and your family. It's hard to stay connected with people who you don't see atleast once a week. Wow, living on your own throughout High School sounds difficult, but look what you've accomplished! So that is great!

    ReplyDelete